Version 4.4 of Restorepoint will be released on the 10th of February, providing additional automation features and enhancements This update will be delivered automatically to all customer appliances with a current license subscription.
In advance of the update we thought we’d highlight some of the new features:
- Advanced discovery. In a busy network, devices are frequently added and sometimes get left behind when it comes to configuration backup. In Restorepoint 4.4. our updated discovery engine can find devices on the network, automatically import them and configure a backup schedule to save those all important configurations.
- Schedule commands. Restorepoint’s ability to send commands to multiple devices has been enhanced, allowing you schedule tasks such as your monthly Check Point gateway password changes, or for monitoring changes to the routing tables of your Cisco routers. All commands sent to the devices, and the CLI responses from the devices are also recorded.
- Provision faster with Templates: With our device templating feature you can easily provision or configure devices based on another devices configuration. This has now been enhanced so that you can add a new device to Restorepoint and push the configuration template in a single action.
Other enhancements include:
- Support for multiple NAT addresses; NAT addresses can now be configured globally, per-domain or per-device. This is useful for service providers or large enterprises, where there are multiple egress points from the network, or where both source- and destination-NAT are applied (service providers often use this to eliminate issues with non-unique address spaces)
- Increased performance when unpacking and analysing large backup files
- Improved SNMP implementation, including the new Restorepoint MIB and full SNMPv3 support
- RADIUS improvements, including CHAP support
- CIFS/NTLMv2 support for archives
- Import/export users from CSV files
- Storage utilisation reports
- Easily find out whether a configurations was retrieved automatically, manually, or triggered by a real-time change
- Under-the-hood enhancements, including optimised disk space utilisation and forward support for Restorepoint Version 5.
For more information, please contact our Support Team.